Terms and conditionsEverything concerning the method of payment, booking conditions and our services is described in this document. Please read our terms and conditions carefully, as they answer many of your questions.
- Accepting these Terms and Conditions through this online service entails the full, unreserved acceptance of each and every one of the Conditions thereto, which will be automatically incorporated in a contract with Athenou, without the need to collect them again in writing. These terms and conditions only affect the users and consumers of Athenou.
To confirm a booking, the customer will be charged a deposit of 25% (non-refundable) of the total cost of the stay. This payment will be made by credit card.
In special offers, or on specific dates, payment of 100% of the total cost of the stay may be requested as a booking.
The booking will be confirmed when Athenou has received the deposit.
- Cancellation and modification
If cancelled or modified up to 15 days before date of arrival, 25 % of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, the total price will be charged.
Payment of the amount due will be made in cash or by credit card on arrival at the apartment, at the time of registering arrival.
Payment may be made by VISA, MASTERCARD, DINNER'S CLUB and AMERICAN EXPRESS cards.
- Check-in / check-out
The customer will be previously asked the estimated time of arrival at and departure from the apartment.
The apartments may be entered from 3 pm on. This time may be modified by the customer or by Athenou, according to the availability of each apartment and by prior agreement. In no case will any return or discount be made.
The apartments must be vacated before 11 am. This departure time may be modified according to availability of the apartment and by prior agreement with Athenou and will carry no return or discount.
Athenou reserves the right to charge the customer on checking in a deposit of €150 or €250 in cash, depending on the apartment, as a guarantee against damage. This deposit will be returned on departure once it has checked that the apartment is in the same condition as it was at the time of checking in.
If any damage or defects have been caused, the total cost of the repairs will be discounted from the deposit. If the damage is greater, the difference of the total cost of the repairs will be charged in addition.
If the customer has not been charged a deposit and damage or defects have been caused, the total cost of repairing this damage will be charged.
A charge of €60 or €80, depending on the apartment, will also be applied when the apartment is not returned in similar conditions of cleanliness and tidiness as those in which it was hired (furniture changed or moved, kitchen and bathroom excessively dirty, rubbish scattered around, etc.).
a) Responsibilities of Athenou
- Internal regulations
- As far as possible and at all times, strive to offer maximum quality in its services and to seek solutions to any doubts or problems the customer may have.
- Put the information and documentation that the law requires on tourist apartments (complaint forms, regulations, tourist information, etc.) at the customer’s disposal.
- In each apartment there are instructions for use of all the appliances.b) Cleaning
Our prices include cleaning services prior to and at the end of your stay.
For stays of over 6 nights, cleaning and changing of linen will be carried out at no cost one time a week, according to the length of the stay. The dates of this service will be specified when the customer arrives at the apartment.
Cleaning of kitchen utensils, and laundering and ironing of customers’ personal clothing are excluded from this service.
Customers who so wish may request extra cleaning and linen changing services at an additional cost:
- Extra cleaning: €15 / hour
- Extra linen change:
· set of towels: €2.5
· bedlinen of 90 cm: €2
· bedlinen of 150 cm: €4.c) Responsibilities of customers and their companions
- It is the customer’s responsibility to pay the price of the services at the place, in the manner and at the time stipulated.
- Customers and their companions them must use the apartment properly, and respect the establishment, the facilities and the services which Athenou puts at their disposal.
- Customers will be responsible for damage caused due do to misuse of the facilities and objects, except for normal wear and tear.
- Loss of keys will be charged at the cost of making new copies or changing the lock.d) Number of occupants
It is strictly forbidden to use the apartments for a number of occupants greater than that contracted and declared, with the exception of children under 3 years of age. Athenou may authorise this occupation in the case where the customer makes payment per additional person and there is sufficient capacity in the apartment. In case of non-compliance, Athenou reserves the right cancel the agreement and the apartment shall be immediately vacated, with the customer having no right to any redress or compensation of any type.
The customers of the Athenou apartments must take responsibility for taking their rubbish down to the street every day.f) Animals
Pets are not allowed in the establishment, apart from guide dogs for the blind.g) Others
- Smoking is not permitted in the Athenou apartments.
- The neighbours’ rest times should be respected and noise is forbidden from 10 pm onwards.